Sunday 2 March 2014

The last fleece from Ashford New Zealand...

White English Leicester from New Zealand, this was a gorgeous raw fleece... it was exported by Ashford, sadly they won't anymore.  I've kept this one for myself kind of a souvenir knowing I couldn't get more, I'm stretching it to the max by spinning fine.


Beautiful locks!!!


I've combed some and then used my hackle to dizz it...



And I've spinned...and spinned....


and plied for hours to make a 2 plies



just off the wheel...
800 yards of light fingering 17 wpi and very low twist so it is airy and soft with a nice sheen.  I got still enough to make another skein like this one and then it will be all gone and no way to get more. So this I should keep for myself and do a special project with.









No comments:

Post a Comment