I received about 100 grams of beautiful Cotswold locks.
Already washed and ready to card. I decided to card instead of combing because most of the locks were a little too short and It would have wasted too much and I would have ended up with a very skinny skein.
I turned it into a huge batt.
Started spinning away...
Then it went for a colorful bath...
Here is the resulting skein for the contest entry.
I really love how it turned out beautiful and lustrous.
Now I wonder how long I'm going to be able to wait before I start knitting this yarn...it's just so tempting.
It was the perfect timing I would be a little short on yarn but in my stash there was some of my handspun merino/silk darker but would work perfectly to make the border.
Lucky there was some pearly pink beads too and I was having enough to complete the project.
Here it is blocked/drying no sun... so I guess the beauty shots will have to wait.
This pattern was a charm, very well written usually I use the charts but this time I just kept going with the written instructions, it looks absolutely gorgeous and it is easy if you know how to use YO to increase and K2tog to decrease, I used a 1mm crochet to place the beads on the stitches easy as pie.
After a difficult first week start it went like a charm.
I really enjoyed the challenge and now I have a lot of yarn to pet and to choose some nice projects to enjoy.
Crossing the finish line and stumbling with that bounty.
This was my last stage, some white english leicester I combed and a little bit of corriedale left over.
Next year I will make sure I have some washed, dyed and ready to spin fleece for this event if I'm participating, it is more rewarding and pleasing to spin something I have prepared, no more bad surprises when it's too late to get something more appropriate to really enjoy spinning that many days and hours.
The colours were very nice, but it's been a real pain in the ....
the fibers were impossible to draft like regular tops, It was like felt and the only way I could start to do anything with it was to open the roll separate the fibers in 4 length wise and then it was the tug war to loose up the fibers... this is time consuming as one tug nothing happens and I really do tug fast and hard few times before a small part started to move.
Spinning the fiber wasn't really enjoyable part of it is rough and still couldn't draft as fine as I would like.
Now it is a 2 plies and when I washed it in cold water to set the twist it bleeds..............
At the moment I'm spinning the same fiber in the Angelfish colorway
The colours are nice but I'm finding the same problems as the previous I got to do the same steps to get to spin this one too.
Believe me this got nothing of the silk softness, it got some luster but it's about all it got.
I will finish spinning what I got and I won't recommend this to anyone ever.
I can say it's not only one batch problem as it was two different colors = two different batches.
It's not worth the pain and aggravation, I won't buy this fiber ever again.
This is my opinion from my experience with this fiber.
It's not the quality of fibers I'm used to from Louet, very disappointing.