Friday 4 April 2014

This week improvising...

I offered to knit something to a friend, a winter hat was the chosen item. I looked around for a pattern but couldn't find a hat with a folded brim large enough to cover the ears by a double layer when it's cold and windy and unfolded when it's not as cold... The plan was to use some of my Pickwickflock stash, the yarn is beautiful by itself so I didn't want an over crowded motif... so I decided to only knit twins narrow cables... there my idea becomes a project,
it went fast... really fast.

not bad for an improvised hat...
I even got the time to wash it
Today it was ready to go to it's owner.





4 comments:

  1. That's fabulous, I love it. What a great idea to do a folded over brim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's like a 2 in 1 hat...:D I can see many more hats on my needles in the future.

      Delete
  2. You devised a true Canadian style of toque. You could probably make money selling these. I would like a navy blue one for my husband with a pom pom on top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a very special Canadian toque for a very special friend, I really don't think I could make money selling knits made with hand spun from a rare UK breed fleece, this was the sweater leftovers I've posted few months ago. I could probably make one using a different yarn or offering you the instructions....just let me know.

    ReplyDelete